Margery Torrey received her art training at the Paul Mellon Arts Center at Wellsley College and abroad in Italy and Spain. In addition to wildlife, she sculpts portraits of people and pets, friezes, fountains, monuments and other architectural enhancements. Her work is in many public places and private collections around the world.
- Spearheaded “Swan for Jackson” project for the National Elk Refuge in Jackson, Wyoming.
- Commissioned by The Limited, Inc. to sculpt life-size figures for their nationwide chains stores Victoria’s Secret and Structure.
- First Woman sculptor to win the prestigious National Taxidermy Review sculpture competition.
- Conducted seminars at the Museum of Natural History in Kathmandu, Nepal. Taught and preservation skills at the request of His Royal Highness Prince Gayendra, King Mahendra Trust.
- Elected to membership in the prestigious Society of Animal Artists.
Exhibitions with Somerville Manning Gallery
2009 American Green
2003 Sculpture in BronzeClick thumbnails for full image